Monday, March 2, 2009

24 weeks

So I had a doctor’s appointment last Thursday and everything is gravy baby! And that’s so good to hear (although that isn’t how the doctors states it). It was the norm…peed in a cup (which I might add that peeing in a cup is getting harder and harder to do with a baby bump), got my blood pressure checked, stepped on a scale, sat on a table, made fun of Joe, got my tummy measured and heard Champ’s heartbeat. I LOVE hearing his heartbeat. And it’s so nice that it’s so much easier to hear nowadays! Weight gain is pretty good. In early December it went down some, then up a wee bit, then up a tad more, so based off of my pre-pregnancy weight I’ve technically only gained 3 lbs. I’ve got to stop thinking about it like that though…it’s not like I’m watching my figure! And hell, I eat ALL the time, and trust me I’m not ordering the salad on the menu! Joe also asked the doctor when I should take my belly ring/stud out and the doctor said “now” so I did and when I did my belly button officially went from an innie to… not an innie!

Besides all of that, Joe finally felt our little guy move this weekend. I feel Champ move so much more these days, and I’ve noticed that he goes nuts when I’m laying in bed on Saturday mornings! Maybe it is his way of getting my butt out of bed. And so far I’ve noticed he is more active in the morning and in the evening. AND when I’m in the car he moves around depending on what music is on. And speaking of music, I went to the Rascal Flatts concert with my friend Chelsey and it was like a party in my belly! Not so much during Jessica Simpson but boy was he active during Rascal Flatts! And oh my…eating boneless buffalo wings (my fav) at Applebees then walking to the ESA then walking up a ton of stairs is NOT fun and it equals crazy heartburn!

So we’ve picked out Champs furniture.We are saving like $300.00 just by getting it from walmart.com compared to BabysRUs.
Now I just have to actually order the stuff.

I’m also pretty stoked that my family is going to be throwing US a baby shower in April in Idaho. Woo!

So what a whole lot of rambling I’ve been doing! I was pleased to read the other day that the baby is becoming familiar with everyday sounds around me, like well ME of course and Joe and Diesel barking. I think that is just great because our stinking dog barks all the damn time so that will be good to know that it won’t be too alarming when we bring Champ home and Diesel barks in excitement to see me. Speaking of dogs, they are uber protective. Diesel hates it when Joe gets too close to me. She barks when we hug (yes super annoying) and Lola thinks that she has to be near me ALL the time. And when I’m on the couch she has to protect the little guy!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute crib.. lol. Isn't it funny how the baby will react to music? I was just noticing today on my ride home from work how he started to groove as soon as the music started. Hope he likes Tool! Alan has yet to feel Henry move, but I swear it should be any day now because sometimes he just goes absolutely crazy. Let's plan on doing lunch one of these days! We have a dr appointment on Thursday so I'll be sure to update you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading your updates on baby ane daddy. Glad everything is going normal. can't wait till June!!! The 12th right!!That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete