Monday, March 16, 2009

So 26 weeks now! Wow. June is just around the corner and believe it or not we are so not ready! But we will be by then…I hope!
Our little Champ moves ALL the time now! Like I said before, Champ likes wiggling around on Saturday and Sunday mornings to get my butt out of bed! He was moving or kicking or punching or whatever so much on Sunday morning that I saw it on my belly. Not going to lie, it was kind of weird! And of course it was cool and super exciting! So after that I had Joe roll around and put his hand on my belly, and what does Champ do…he stops of course. The little dude can be squirming and movin’ away until Joe puts his hand on my belly, and then he stops like he knows its Joe’s hand. Joe thinks it’s because Champ knows it’s his Daddy and he has to behave for his Daddy! Oh God love him
!


I don’t think I’ve gotten much bigger in the last couple weeks, and I still feel great! Since the weather has been super nice out lately we’ve still been taking our walks on the trail. I swear we walked over 5 miles last week, and went every day this last weekend. We love it, and we know the dogs do too! But right when we get home my feet go up! I’m fine while we are walking but as soon as we get home, I’m spent! But I feel good knowing that I got my butt up and did something. Sleeping has started to become quiet uncomfortable. I fall asleep on one side and then that leg goes to sleep so I maneuver (yes maneuver, not roll because rolling is not the same as it used to be!) to the other side and sleep on that side until that leg falls asleep and so on. I know I’m more comfortable on my back but the doctor said no sleeping on your back, either side is fine. I’m also freaking hot at night. We had the air conditioner on and the fan on last night and I still kicked the blankets off. Our bed is like an oven with all the body heat in it between me and Joe and the dogs, not to mention the pillows that I use…its pretty cramped these days! My pregnancy is going so great that really I have nothing else to say about it. My baby update says that he is about 14 inches long and weighs about a pound and two-thirds. Last week it said that he has hair color and texture! I can’t wait to see what he looks like.


I got a little emotional yesterday because a whole lot of my shirts didn’t fit. I mean it was no surprise, I knew I wouldn’t be able to wear ALL of my tops throughout my pregnancy but it just kind of hit me on Sunday when I wanted to wear a cute springy top and hello it didn’t fit. I have some maternity things, mostly dresses because I love wearing dresses and I have two maternity shirts and I bought two super cute tops from my jean party that you would think were maternity but they are not. Needless to say I was pretty bummed because I’ve NEVER had my clothes just not fit me anymore. So we went shopping! We just went to American Eagle, but I bought 2 new camis, 2 shirts and two new dresses. I told Joe I don’t want to invest too much in maternity clothes because I’d rather get clothes that I can wear after I’m pregnant too. I managed to find shirts that cover my belly and will still cover my belly as it grows. And I just bought a medium instead of a small. I was stoked! I love getting new clothes!


And how super cute is this car seat and stroller...


I love the giraff print on it!

And I so kindly hinted to my parents that it would be a great gift idea for their new grandson! We'll see if they get the hint!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reading your blog because everything that you say, is happening to me. Sometimes I think I'm crazy with stuff, but apparently it's all normal. The only difference is that my arms fall asleep, not my legs. My fingers have started to get swollen so I had to take off my wedding ring. It was sad, but I didn't want them to have to cut it off.

    Have you found somewhere new to live?

    ReplyDelete