Thursday, August 20, 2009

Where to begin...
Champ was finally born June 23rd! He is 8 weeks old this week. Can't believe how the time flies. He is getting so big, and we already have a "doesn't fit" pile of his clothes. Its been really awesome being at home, and its been an awesome summer. It was great having visitors and spending time with our family. Did I mention I had a birthday in between that time, and I pretty darn good one at that.
I think its pretty amazing being a mommy. I was kind of worried about it before Champ got here but I think we've done pretty well together. He is a good baby and the most awesome thing in our life. He is changing so much these days. Since the day I brought him home I've called him my Monkey. He has these crazy long arms and legs, and huge feet! He is starting to get a little chunk on him these days too! So cute. And he definately looks like his daddy. But he doesn't have blonde hair, and its not quite as dark as mine, but he does have blue eyes...oh how I love them! I love my blue eyed boys! Champ certainly has my nose and Joe's chin. He has long toes like I do and his ears stick out like his Pop's ears stick out (Pops would be Grandpa Les aka Joe's dad). Champ just melts my heart and my boys are my everything! (I love saying my boys!)


Champ has starting smiling and cooing these last couple weeks, and everytime Joe comes in the door and starts talking to Champ after work, Champy goes nuts!

Cory officially moved last weekend. It was really hard for Joe to say bye, and it was hard for me too. We love Cory, and we hope him the best on his new job, even if its across the country.
I went back to work on Monday and I thought I did pretty well. I didn't cry about it until after I dropped him off at the baby sitter's house and got to work! Leaving Champ at the sitters was hard, I'm hoping it will get easier. (I think its cool that her name is Kori! We've just added another Kori to our lives! Thank you Chelsey Roberts!) I don't work on Thursdays so that will always be nice...having that day to look forward to, and Joe actually has a rotating schedule so he'll have Champ some days at home with him. I think all in all it worked out nicely.
And you know, I was thinking that I'm not at all a walking zombie. Even though Joe doesn't wake up with Champ in the middle of the night, I've done quite well. The last week has been easier for sure though. We made a pretty easier transition from co-sleeper to crib last Thursday. It only took Champ a couple of nights to get used to it, and he has been sleeping quite well in it. He'll go done anywhere between 8 and 10 and he only wakes up once to eat and goes back to sleep until about 6 or 7. It does make it easier because his crib is in our room, but there was no way I am putting him downstairs all by himself yet.


Now that I officially have the internet at home, I'll for sure blog more often and keep everyone updated on our little guy.

1 comment:

  1. I too have clothes downstairs that don't fit my baby any more and it makes me sad. Isn't it crazy how fast time is flying by? I'm glad that Kori is working out for you! I can't imagine how stressful it is leaving your baby for the first time with the babysitter. I'm dreading it.

    ReplyDelete