Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our little Monkey is 9 weeks old today and oh boy how is has grown!

Last Friday was Joe's first day home with Champ. It started out okay at the very beginging but once he woke up from him morning nap he was not pleased that he was home with daddy! He sure did test Joe's patients! But after the boys overcame their little issue and Champ took another nap Joe took him to run some errands which included stopping by mommy's work to show him off again! He's been there once but he's grown so much more since that first time I took him in to show him off!

Last Friday night we also went to the drive in to go see GI Joe and The Goods. You gotta love the drive-in...two different movies, you get to bring all your own food and drinks and hey you can bring the baby! Champ was asleep before we got that which was nice because Joe and I got to chat and eat our dinner. Then right before the movie started he woke up and got in his pajamas, another great reason for the drive-in, you can be in your pajamas! Champ ate, stayed up for awhile and then went back to sleep. I wish I could tell you how the movies are but I had been up since 4 that morning so towards the end of the movie I was out right along with Champ!! It was definately fun though!

The next day my mom and her boyfriend came into town. I already had plans to go out with the girls so she kicked Joe out as well and babysat for us. I had tons of fun and it was all for Lana's bachlorette party. (pictures to come...right Lana?) Babies must know who there grandmas are from instinct or something! My mom hadn't seen Champ since we were in the hospital and it sure seemed like he knew who she was right away! It must be a special thing grandmas have because he is the exact same way with my bosses mom who watches him on Tuesdays. Champ just starts grinning and talking as soon as he sees her. This week Champ got to go see her two times this week because our normal babysitter's baby was sick, and unfortunately Champ won't see his normal babysitter at all this week. Luckily I found a backup. She is the wife of one of the technicians that works with Joe. I love that we already know her, but she lives out in Draper so my butt is going to have to wake up earlier than normal to take Champ. It will be worth it though to not have Champ get sick. I think I have been pretty lucky about the people that we've, I mean I've, found to be with our little Champ. I was never put in daycare so I just don't know how I feel about it. I do know that I feel great about the people who do have him throughout the week.

A little Champ update...Monkey has been sleeping great at night. He only wakes up once and then goes right back to sleep after he eats. I do have to admitt that I love snuggling with my little guy and after he is done eating he sleeps the rest of the morning with me. He is usually up between 3 and 4 so its not like its all night, but I sure do love it! And if for some reason he wakes up more than normal tonight, I am never going to talk about him sleeping again!

And Champ has a doctors appointment on Thursday and I'm really excited to see how much he has grown, and not quite so excited to hear him cry when he gets his shots. Ten bucks says I'll be crying along with him!

1 comment:

  1. Shots are hard. Alan held down his arms and I just sat in the corner feeling bad for my baby and waiting till I could "rescue" him. Let me know how the big guy is doing!

    ReplyDelete