Friday, August 21, 2009

So I was told that because I hadn't blogged in awhile that I needed to blog some more.




Lets start from Champ!




On June 22nd being that I was past due I had to go in for a non-stress test. I was feeling very eh that morning (come to find out I was having contractions all morning!). We went in to get the ultrasound done, found out that I had very low fluid, then went up to L&D to get the non-stress test done. They hooked me up and because I had low fluid they went to call my Dr. and came back and told me that I was having a baby! I got induced at about 2:30 pm and I didn't progress at all until about 6 in the morning and the progression was hardly any at all. We were so worried I was going to have to have a c-section. Champ had to come out regardless and the Dr. was only giving us until the afternoon, but luckily things turned around and after 27 hours of labor (and I'm not complaining, I'd do it all over again) we met our Champ. Leslie Champ Edsall was 7lbs 2 oz and 20 inches long. The poor little guy came out with meconium so I didn't get to see him for a good 20 minutes, but after the nurses did their work I got to see and touch him for about 1 minute then they took him to the nursery. After about an hour and a half I got to hold my handsome boy!




The next day the hospital photograher walked into our room and asked if she could take Champs pictures. I never ever expected them to be so awesome. They had an actual photographer that came in and took pictures. They turned out awesome. Here are some of our favorites.










We had an awesome support team with us at the hospital, so I was never lonely and my nurses were awesome. I'm super sad that my Dr. retired. He retired June 30th so I didn't even get to see him for my next appointment. He was just amazing and I hope that I can find another doctor who is just as great for the next kiddo.



Joe's sister Vicky who flew in from NY just two days before was also there and Cory. I think they were taking this picture.
Heres aunt Vicky! She as well as my mom stayed the first night in the hospital with us.

We spent our first night at home with just the three of us, and I'm glad we did. Although I'm sure it would have been nice having a mom there to help, I'm glad we didn't. When we got home we decided that we needed to change Champ. I set him on the bed and as soon as I took off his diaper he peed all over himself and our bed. The poor boy was sceaming, (I would too under the circumstances) Joe then proceeded to ask me why I wasn't prepared to change him as I was trying to clean things up, I then looked at him and started bawling. He felt bad and just hugged me, apoligized and then helped me change the sheets. I can honestly say that I will never forget that moment. It sounds silly but it was a very sentimental moment!

Joe took awesome care of me for about a week and then had to go back to work. Then we had visitors! My sister and her family came and stayed 4 days with us. Then we had a week by ourselves then Joe's family came for a week, then another week by ourselves then my little sister came and stayed for a week. And now its so nice having our own family routine, if you can call it that, Joe and I aren't much for routine! But I think we have finally gotten into the groove of our own family thing.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your little guy! He looks pretty cute. I'm glad you found me and glad to hear that you and baby are healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a cute baby! We are so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete