Sunday, November 29, 2009

I can't believe November is over!
Champ turned 5 months old on the 23rd! Once again I blinked and he just got bigger! The kid weighs a whopping 17 lbs now! He is such a cool kid too! He can pretty much sit up by himself now, that is until he sees something he wants and goes foward to get it and falls on his face. But he really doesn't seem to care! Champ is all about touching faces too. Its so cute! And blowing raspberries is a very popular thing these days! They are cute until he does them at dinner time when he has peas in his mouth that end up on my face...but then again its still cute! And the little man sits in a bath ring in the big bath tub now, which I'm not a fan of because he still slides a lot. He loves being naked, and the kid has finally found his feet!
We had an awesome Thanksgiving weekend. Joe played in his Turkey Bowl that morning, and came home with a broken thumb...when is he going to learn? Then we headed off to Spanish Fork for Thanksgiving with my God Family. Which of course was awesome as usual. I made cherry cheesecake and a chocolate cheesecake, and of course green bean cassarole. Later that night I went shopping at the mall at 9, which by the way I've never done, but it was really about hanging out with friends! Haven't had a girls date in awhile. We were in The Childrens Place for what seemed like FOREVER! But I got tons of cute stuff for Champ man. Then I came home, got some zzz's and headed back out to shop again. I had to bring Champ with me in the morning so I bundled him up really good and he slept the whole entire time. Whoever invented the car seat that goes onto the stroller was a genius! Speaking of car seats, we moved Champ to his bigger carseat, no more bucket car seat (unless of course its needed for things like shopping at 5 am with a baby, or traveling through the airport)...speaking of airports!...I had to go to Boise a couple weeks ago for work and they flew me so I brought Champ. He was such a good boy there, and back, well...I think it was past nap time and bless that guy who had the patience to sit next to me! All in all he was super good. It was just a little test before we go to Pittsburgh next week! I actually got pretty much all of our shopping done that weekend too. On Saturday Champ and I went back to Spanish Fork for a fun craft show. They had lots of good stuff. I bought Champ some leg warmers. But before you think of how stupid they may be you need to see them! They are great when Champ is hanging around in a onesie and I need to keep his legs warm. Joe took Monday off and asked if I could get it off so I called in sick, cough cough. Don't judge me too quickly...I was actually sick all weekend long! Novemeber 30th is when Joe proposed when we were putting our first tree up so every year since it is our tradition to do it on that day and Joe took it off so we could have an extra day together!

We went and picked up my early Christmas present, a new camera, woohoo! And then the three of us went to see the Christmas Carol, and Champ was awesome, slept through most of it, and was pretty amused by it all when he was awake. During the previews Champ was glued and then the second it ended he turned his head to Joe as if he wanted to say that was cool dad! It was the cutest thing! Then we came home and put up our Christmas stuff. Great Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment