Monday, November 2, 2009

Busy Weekend

Champ had his 4 month check up on Thursday! He now weighs 15 lbs 10 oz and is 27.75 inches long! He hates other screaming kids and he does pretty well with his shots! He doesn’t do the quivering lip thing anymore (that just breaks my heart!) He just looks at me and screams, but only for 2 seconds! And little man has to take reflex medicine, which by the way he hates! But it seems to be helping. Champ also hates other screaming kids, it’s kind of funny! I also found out that Joe and I can get our H1N1 shot and our flu shot as a priority because we have a baby younger than 6 months and babies can’t get those shots until they are 6 months. We need to get ‘em stat! I know I always say this but I can’t believe how big Champ is! Tonight we are feeding him cereal for the first time! And tonight is the first night of changing to a new routine. He doesn’t sleep through the night yet and we got some helpful ideas from our doctor. Champ is also a riot with dogs! He just loves them! Especially his Lola! He just laughs and laughs when Lola comes around. I thought that maybe it was just Lola but its not. We went to my boss’s house and Champ wanted nothing to do with her until her dog came out! It just cracks me up!

On Friday morning we went to get our family pictures taken up Little Cottonwood Canyon at oooo 9 in the morn! It was pretty chilly but Champ was such a trooper! And there was snow! I was stoked! We’ve never had pictures done in the snow before! I’m really excited to see how they turned out. Christmas cards!

As soon as we were done we got in the car and Champ was out!

Then we went back home and packed our stuff and the car and headed out. We stopped and picked up my grandma as well. It was the first time Champ has met her! He is her 30th great grandchild!!

On Friday we went to my mom’s graduation. It was nice seeing my mom so happy and excited! We are so proud of her. Champ wasn’t thrilled so we sat in the lobby pretty much the whole time. Luckily we could still hear the whole thing out there, and we did walk in again to see my mom walk. Really, it was more fun sitting in the lobby anyway! My dad made my favorite dinner for me that night too, and Champ slept the whole night. Poor guy was exhausted!

On Saturday we got up and ready in our blue and orange and took Champ to my sister’s house and went to the Boise State game with my dad and his clan. We had fun tailgating with them, and it was so much fun being back at a home game again! And I got to see a friend that I haven’t seen in so long! Just a hug from here was so nice! Joe wore his Scooby Doo costume and got lots of attention. He likes the attention...not so much on my end! But it was super cute seeing all the little kids yell “Hey it’s Scooby!” Everyone pretty much got annoying after half time! We bought Champ two little BSU footballs and he apparently likes to eat them! After the game we went to pick him up, got him dressed up in his costume, took him to my dads and then went back to my sisters and went trick or treating with the clan. He was pretty grouchy so I only took him up to a couple of houses but Joe went with all of the kids and got us our own little stash of candy!

That night was no bueno. I hung out for with everyone for about ten minutes and then took Champ and found a quiet room in the house and went to put him to sleep. (He isn’t used to such a full noisy house.) I fell asleep too, and then we got kicked out by kids, so we moved to another room. My sister and brother-in-law were having a little party that night and they are all night partiers. I however am not. I never have been but before I would at least try to hang out and stay up. They are also very, very loud. I wasn’t feeling good at all and somehow Champ slept through the whole thing. What a kid! At one point I had Joe gather all of our stuff up and we were about to leave to go back to my dads, I just couldn’t handle it anymore and then they asked where he was going and I just wasn’t in the mood to deal with it, so I sucked it up and laid in bed with Champ. I finally was able to fall asleep after 3 in the morning when everyone left.

I’m still trying to figure out my step-mom. She is nothing like my dad and she is quite a bit younger. It’s not that I don’t like her, because unlike other people I’ve given her a chance. It was the first time we have stayed at my dad’s house since he has been married. I’m not used to another woman there. I’m definitely not used to another woman in the kitchen. (As much as I love my mom, she didn’t cook a whole lot!) I was taken off guard when she called out my dad in front of us and other people and I’m not a fan of how she talks to my little sister. I know Ang can be a big pain in the butt, but I’d really like to just say well hello Ang has been around here a lot longer than you lady! I don’t think that I like that she came into my dad’s house and took over. I know it happens when people get remarried but now I can kind of see my sister’s point of view. I’m just glad that all of that happened after I moved out!

This trip has made me decide that it’s going to take A LOT of money for us to move back…I won’t do it willingly. I’m really glad that I grew up there and that I can call it my hometown, but it made realize how much I really love living in the Salty City. This trip just wasn’t the same, and it was definitely not one of my favorites. I’m sad that my family isn’t the same anymore. I’m sad that we all can’t just go to my sisters house and hang out. I’m sad that people hold grudges and can’t get over things. I’m sad that people have to have attitudes and have to try and bring people down.

I’m the bigger person and I will always try to be the bigger person. I have my own family now to take care of and they will always come first.

More Halloween pictures to come!

2 comments:

  1. Cute costumes! How fun that you got to go to the Boise State game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really touched by the last part of your blog. I have been through something very similar. Hang in there and just focus on what you can do. You have to opportunity not to let that happen to your little family!
    And by the way, I love Joe's costume, I think it is hilarious that he wore it to the game! Your little dude looked adorable! He was a very cute dalmatian!

    ReplyDelete