Monday, May 18, 2009

I haven’t blogged in quite some time now.
On April 23rd Joe’s mom flew in from Texas for the weekend. We took her to the Jazz vs. Lakers game that night (like the only one they won). It was a super fun game, it totally sucks that overall we got beat out by the Lakers but it was still a fun game. Over the last couple years Joe and I have really gotten into basketball, and we love that we are so lucky to get to go to games throughout the season and we can’t wait until we can take Champ next year…we just can’t decide whose jersey to get for the little guy…wait I bet they don’t even have options for baby jerseys…needless to say as soon as we get one, everyone will know!
Being that we were at the Gateway we stopped at Gymboree to look at baby clothes and they were having a big sale. We got lots of cute stuff, but my favorite thing we got was Champ’s Halloween costume. Am I such a dork that we already have his Halloween costume? He’s going to be a little puppy dog, and he’ll look like Lola! I can’t wait for fun things like Halloween!
Anyway, the next night on our way to Idaho we stopped in Logan for Cory’s art gallery. For those of you who don’t know Cory is Joe’s BFF! He just graduated from Utah State, and he has some really cool pieces of pottery. It’s really cool to see the stuff he did when he very first started and looking at his stuff now. After that we had a fun dinner with Cory, his girlfriend, his parents and of course, me, Joe and Judie.
I love Cory’s mom. She’s such a great lady.
Ater that, we went to Twin Falls. My family threw us a baby shower that Saturday. It was fun, fun, fun!
My mom also took some pictures of us with the belly. And they turned out way better than I thought they would, way to go mom!







My sister totally out did herself. She made lots of yummy food and planned some games. So everyone knows the whole yarn around the belly bit…everyone measured their yarn and I went around from person to person, and man I must look bigger than I really am. The ONLY person who was close (actually he was right on, and won) was my brother. I don’t know about you but that just cracks me up.

Now on to presents. We got lots of cool stuff. And if you know me then you know that I’m super sensitive when it comes to my family. They can make me cry at the drop of a hat. Actually my brother can make me cry at the drop of the hat, but throw in those pregnancy emotions and I’ll cry because of a present I get! So yes I’m super grateful for ALL the presents we got but there were two things that just tugged at my heart…My sister got us this hooded towel that says “Little Champ” on it! It was the first thing that said “Champ” on it that we’ve gotten and it’s just too cute, so leave it to her to make me cry! Also my grandma got us these little blue bunny slippers. They are bunny slippers and they are blue!!!
And remember I LOVE bunnies!



Let’s not forget about the cake!


Ummm, enough said. Joe said it almost made him cry! Totally a Joe cake!

So Joe did something totally awesome while we were there. NOTHING is coming out of it but it’s the thought that counts. I have told Joe that if we ever move back to Idaho I would want to move to Twin Falls. I’ve always loved Twin since I was little. Joe snuck out and went to the Honda dealership in Twin. He talked to the service manager, and let’s just say… they couldn’t afford Joe. He was NOT looking for anything, he is just such a caring loving husband! And hell, we aren’t leaving SLC anytime soon, if ever. We love it here! Like I said it was the thought, and he did it because he loves me!

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment