Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter weekend

So for those of you who don’t know, I LOVE Easter. Maybe it’s my love for bunnies and Easter’s little guy is the bunny! Maybe it’s the spring time feeling, I don’t know but it’s always been my favorite holiday! I get so excited to make Joe a basket and hide it too. This year Joe’s basket consisted of a six pack of Land Shark (Yes beer in the Easter basket! It’s because I’m cool like that!) And candy and new shoes. When Joe got up Sunday morning to take the dogs out I was very thankful because I got up, hurried and got his basket out of the closet, ran to the kitchen and put it in the fridge and ran back to bed! Little did I know he ran outside to his truck grabbed mine and hid it too. I think we just barely missed each other. So as I was lying in bed he was standing in the kitchen talking to me and when he turned around I threw one of his shoes at him! He was stoked then he started looking around for his basket and looked everyone except for the fridge. What a dork, I have been hiding it there every year! After he found his he told me I could look for mine and I was in shock. (Joe NEVER makes me an Easter basket) So I started looking around and found it and I was so happy I cried! In all the time we’ve been together he has never done this! I got a new dress, which was awesome because I’ve always gotten a new Easter dress since I was a wee little one! And I got a bunch of candy and lotion and a bracelet, nail polish and The Beach Boys greatest hits CD! I know I’m a nerd but I LOVE The Beach Boys! I did feel just a little bit guilty though…knowing that Joe has never made me a basket I went and got a pedicure and manicure on Saturday! But lets be honest, it was much needed because I can’t reach my toes!

We had a whole day planned out! We got ready and went to the movies. Fast & Furious was definitely worth seeing! And what can I say Paul Walker is HOT! Then we went to the Bees game. Baseball games are so fun! We bought Champ a little Bees hat while we were there. And then after the game we were off to our Easter tradition…dinner at the Hard Rock. Since we’ve lived together we’ve always gone to the Hard Rock for lunch or dinner, but when we got there we realized that there was no more Hard Rock Café. We had NO IDEA, and were totally bummed. And yes even though it’s over priced and the food really isn’t that great, it was our tradition. So we went to The Mayan, which is another one of those places that you only go once a year, because it’s overpriced, and really it kind of sucks, although I did have a yummy Pina Colada Strawberry smoothie! We had a super fantastic Easter! And to top things off late last night we found out that Joe’s mama will be coming to see us next weekend! She gets to come to my doctor’s appointment with us and our baby shower. We are really excited to see her.
(Easter also makes me really miss my own Easter Bunny Peanut. I secretly wished that a new bunny would appear but in reality I know it would only make me sad again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment