Monday, June 1, 2009

We had quite the eventful weekend.

I had a drs appointment on Friday, and the Dr. said that Champ isn’t coming any time soon. We were honestly glad to hear that because we have to move before he comes. And I know the little guy will make his appearance when he is darned and ready too, just like his daddy, on his own time, when he wants to! I guess that’s kind of how we both work. It’ll be interesting to see how we function as a family of three. Not that I’m worried, but it will be exciting to see what is to come. Now that I’m more anxious and I want the day to come sooner, I have a feeling that he’ll be an overdue little boy! I gained a pound since last week and my blood pressure was a little higher than it normally is but I’m going to blame that on the fact that I was super busy at work before I left and was trying to get a ton of stuff done. I’ve also noticed in the last week that I’m having a lot more Braxton Hicks contractions, which are normal of course, it’s just weird to feel my big o belly rock hard!

Joe came home from work on Friday just a mess. He couldn’t even talk to me about it until he pulled himself together. Joe found out that his boss got promoted and was leaving so now he’ll have a new one. He wasn’t upset about who was taking over, he was upset at the fact that his boss was leaving. His boss is like a dad to him. They were pretty close and he has done a lot for Joe. So Joe was pretty stinking upset. I felt bad for him. But he knows life goes on, and he isn’t going to work any less than he already does, and luckily he had a nice long busy weekend to not think about it.

On Saturday morning we got up pretty early for a Saturday (and once again it was wonderful waking up with my husband next to me on a Saturday!) and went on a walk. It was so nice and peaceful and people are much nicer in the morning. So has we were walking I noticed that my hands got HUGE. Like way bigger than they usually are when I wake up in the morning, and my palms and fingers turned bright red and got spotty. Then I could hardly bend the darn things. Then I wondered if that is how really big people feel. I know, I know, that is kind of mean but you know the really, really big people…anyway. Joe laughed at me because I wouldn’t let him hold my fat hands! Then I decided to hold hands with him and then he wouldn’t hold hands with me…he said it was like holding a man’s hand. Oh…totally cracks me up! We went home and went to the swimming pool. Being in a pool when you’re pregnant is weird. I couldn’t really swim because swimming uses a lot of your core, and my belly felt funny being in the water! I even got out once to make sure that it was still normal! So I hung on to Joe and we floated around for awhile! Then we got ready and went to meet our landlords, who by the way are super awesome. Instead of a typical “Hi how ya doing handshake” she gave me a hug and rubbed my belly! So we got the keys and headed off for a nice much needed lunch date!

And on Sunday…we moved!!
Joe had some friends come over and help, which we were super grateful for, thanks guys! They started about 9 and we had pretty much everything except the food out by 2. I had been packing little by little all week so it wasn’t too hard to move. We do have some stuff in storage but not a lot, and that will come out possibly tomorrow. Joe had today off so as I’m blogging (supposed to be working!) he is at the old apartment getting all the food out and some of the other stuff we didn’t grab yesterday. I must say that I’m super proud of him for actually doing it. It was like pulling teeth yesterday to make him help me unpack some things and put them away. And you know… he did wake up early with me this morning and he started to put more stuff away and organize other things as I got ready to go to work. He gets brownie points there! I didn’t even have to ask him! So, our little doggies were having a hard time yesterday in the new place. You’d think that they would just love it, nice big house to roam around in, good sized fenced in yard, a couch that sits right in front of a big window…but no. If we put them outside by themselves they’d whine and bark, if I put them in the house with me and if it was just me in there they’d whine, but you better believe that as soon as Joe was in the house with me they were fine, and as soon as we were both outside with them, they were fine. The poor girlies cannot let us out of their sight. It’s kind of a good thing I guess, and hopefully it will get easier on them. This morning Lola got up with me so I let her out and shut the door and she turned around and stared at me so I opened the door and she went half way down the stairs then stopped, turned around and looked and me, so I walked all the way out with her and then she went all the way down the stairs and went potty! I love our dogs! They just crack me up. Diesel on the other hand is so glued to Joe that she won’t do anything without Joe in her eye sight.
On another note…we are setting up Champ’s room this week, and I’m so excited to see everything put together. I have lots of baby laundry to do this week…good thing Ang is going to be here on Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. What an eventful weekend! My hands also got huge, especially when I walked alot. Any day now!!! I hope that everything goes great for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take lots of pictures of the nursery!!

    ReplyDelete