Friday, June 19, 2009


So it’s the final stretch. I can’t believe my due date is tomorrow.
Things have been going pretty good lately. Last weekend we went to the drive-in and almost got rained out. We went to see Land of the Lost…I thought it was freaking stupid. Saturday we went to Springville for Art City Days which of course is always fun. It seems like we only do pieces of it every year. We didn’t make the pancake breakfast this year, but Joe did get to go to the parade, which is my favorite part…and I got attacked by ants. The little shits were all over me. So annoying. Then the BBQ pretty much got rained out from being an outside BBQ, then Joe got sick so we had to go home. Crappy.
Joe had friends over that night as well for the UFC fights that we all know he NEVER misses. By the way, if you ever want to come over for them…just come over, invite yourself! We get every single fight, and I hate paying the cable bill because of it!
Ang and I on the other hand were not into watching the fights and wanted to get out of the house so we went to a random trip to Wal-mart. We got some awesome things for mani and pedis! We got a bunch of other random stuff including a shower rod and the Britney Spears greatest hits CD. Make fun of as you please. Some people like rap, some like country others like weird stuff that no one has ever heard of and I have always liked Britney Spears. And I also got Joe his first Father’s Day card and I can’t wait to give it to him. Even if our Champ isn’t here by Sunday, Joe still deserves it. I know he is going to be a great Daddy and we’ll be a great team. Its one of those music cards and inside it’s the song from The Jungle Book…”I wanna be like you oo oo. I want to walk like you, talk like you…” he’s going to love it!
Anyway, I gave Ang a rocking pedicure as well as myself! I have to make sure my toes stay cute! You don’t want to have ugly feet in the face of the Dr. and nurses!
My darling Chelsey threw us a baby shower on Sunday. It was super fun and laid back. It just reminded us that we have super great friends who love us and are there for us. Our friends are our family, and we love them. And we are super thankful for all the loot we got from everyone. Did I mention that one of the guys bought us a box of condoms…it came with a gift card too, but it was quite hilarious!
I have been pretty pooped lately and luckily this last week my office has let me work as I please. I’ve done some half days, some full. It’s been nice having all of their support. I know everyone is excited to see our little guy.
Joe’s stepmom and the twins are in town and it has been so nice spending time with them. She took us out to lunch the other day and then we had them over for dinner. And yesterday she came over and cooked. Ang and I took the girls to the park to play and Sarah cooked us all dinner and made two huge dinners to freeze so that we had food when Champ arrives. Then she cleaned pretty much the whole kitchen. GREATLY APPRECIATED Sarah, Thank You! We are hoping that the weather will keep being sunny and hot, because it would be fun to take the girls to the pool, plus I’ve been dying to go to the pool since we moved in and I know Ang really wants to go swimming. Damn rain! My mom is also coming up this weekend. Mom and her BF are picking up his kids from the airport. Yes they could have flown them into Boise but it was cheaper to have them fly to SLC and my mom wanted to come see us! So after my mom leaves, Joe’s sister Vicky is coming! She flies in on Sunday and we are super excited. It won’t be for long, but he’ll have his “Edsall” sisters all in the same state!
And I’m not going to lie but I’ve been quite irritable lately. I get so annoyed so easily with some things. And I think you can tell by reading this blog that I’m pretty…ummm cranky…maybe a bit bitter. It’s because I am!
I have a doctor’s appointment today and I’m REALLY hoping that something has changed! He said we could talk about inducing me but I don’t want to be induced unless I have to be. Unless it’s medically necessary I don’t see a reason for being induced. And in all honestly I don’t like the idea of picking his birthday. But we would really like him to come this weekend!! I know its only like an 8% chance that he’ll come on his due date but I think that would be freaking awesome!

The little dudes clothes are almost all put away and his room is still a mess! We need to get that crib up and put together. Its driving me nuts that his room isn't all together yet.
And hey check this out…Joe got this today from a guy at work. His wife makes them. It’s all made out of balloons.

I had to bring it to work to show off!

Lets all hope Champ wants to come out and meet everyone this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Well he missed my birthday but there is still hope for the 26Th. I'm sure Tim and Heather won't mind.

    ReplyDelete