Monday, February 23, 2009

Another great weekend with the Joe



So once again I had Joe home with me on Saturday! Yay. He hardly ever has Saturdays off, but now with a new year and a new schedule hopefully I shall be spending more weekends with him! And with the weather being so nice we’ve been taking the dogs on the trail for a nice l o n g walks. Its one of our favorite things to do and soon we’ll be adding a stroller to push along the way as well! On our walk on Saturday afternoon we stopped to take some goofy pictures, and what may be goofy to other people is completely normal to us! (see above!) We are such an odd couple, I just love it. Joe is super loud and talkative and I’m more quiet and reserved…sometimes! Right before we left for our walk, or maybe it was while we were walking, I just can’t remember these days, Joe kept looking behind me and then would look at the side of me and he did it like three times so finally I asked the man what the heck he was doing and he told me something along the lines of this in a playful voice…“You so don’t look pregnant from behind, but you do when you turn to the side!!” Well duh Joe!

After our walk we decided to go to the mall because Joe insisted that there way an FYE in the mall when I clearly told him there wasn’t but I stopped arguing because my favorite shoe store was in the mall we went to, and well I just can’t go to that mall without going in there, plus I really need some cute new black flats :) and although I didn’t get any new shoes, I didn’t get anything actually, we did have a nice mall lunch together, one of our other favorite things to do. Saturday is the best day to people watch. We always make fun of the little teenage girls who wear incredibly way too much make-up and wear too short of skirts then Joe always looks at me and tells me that “our daughter will never leave the house looking like that!” Oh God love him! And on Sunday we went to go see the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which by the way is a fantastic movie. It was super long, but definitely worth it! And as we left the theater I was pretty excited that I wasn’t the one crying. Everyone else was, but it wasn’t me! Although I did cry during one part. I always have the HARDEST time with scenes in movies or t.v. shows where someone leaves for good, or they leave when they don’t want to but because they have to, because things like that bring me back to the day that Joe moved away… I’ve never cried so hard in my life, nor have I ever had my heart hurt so much. I distinctly remember telling my family that day that I was going to marry him someday! And it still gets me emotional just thinking about it.

And of course in Pregnancy Land, I’m 23 weeks and 2 days! I swear my belly gets bigger every day! I feel huge today! And my belly button is starting to pop out which completely freaks me out for some reason. I really should think about taking my belly button jewelry out…but then again…they make super cute “maternity” belly rings, and I’m temped to get one. And I’m not taking it out until I have my maternity pictures done, because it would just look silly with a whole on the top of my belly button. I still look in the mirror in amazement because my belly has grown straight out. Soon it is going to look like a basketball! And Champ was moving around a ton this weekend. I’ve noticed that about ten minutes after I eat something he is a wigglin’ away! And he is always moving when I’m sitting in the recliner. And on Friday night he kicked/hit/elbowed (whatever it was he did!) so hard that I saw it on the top of my belly. After that I insisted that I sit next to Joe with his hand on my belly, and although he was still moving around, Joe couldn’t feel it yet. Sad. I can’t wait until he does though. And leg cramps...oh those leg cramps. They pretty much suck, and I have them pretty much every night. I’ve noticed I’m weirdly emotional lately too. Last week I yelled, yes yelled, at some random tard while we were waiting for our dinner at the Wing Coop. Lets be honest, that guy was a rude, jackass. The guy just looked at me then looked at Joe and pretty much shut his mouth. Then after he walked out I started crying. And why I started crying…I have no clue!! It made for a good laugh later on though! And of course I have a drs appointment on Thursday. I wonder what the scale will say being that this is going to be the first time the scale will have gone up since I've been pregnant...I'll have to update again on Friday!







1 comment:

  1. I have to laugh because we are pretty much identical when it comes to this pregnancy game. I really like the crib and dresser. Alan was able to put it together fairly easy. I love the crib because the front goes down so you don't have to bend clear over to get your baby. And it also has the drawer underneath it. I might have to buy the other dresser because I already am getting way too many clothes. So I say buy the crib! Where are you buying your mattress? We just bought ours at WalMart too.

    ReplyDelete