Sunday, January 3, 2010

Catching up

It was a great holiday season!

The week before Christmas we got to go to Pittsburgh to see Joe's family. Delayed an hour leaving SLC made it so we had to RUN through the Cincinnati airport to catch our next flight...I couldn't tell you the time I ran before that and it SUCKED (I'm lazy, what can I say). I made Joe run ahead to make sure they didn't leave us, and they almost did. Champ was pretty good on the flights. There was like 3 minutes on the first flight where he just screamed because he was so tired and was fighting it, and so what if I had a little break down too and cried...it happens! Other than that he was fantastic, can't complain! We had a great time with the family. Champ sure does love his Pops! It was pretty busy busy though. I think we want to go back someday when 1. its not winter and cold and 2. we don't have the whole week planned out. While we were there Joe gave me an early Christmas present...but the turd put it in my stocking so I was very confused but in the end it still was amazing...1/2 carat diamond earrings ;) Can't complain! And Champ cut 2 new teeth while we were there...and when we left we noticed that he had FOUR coming in on top all at once! He now has four on the bottom and four still popping out on top.
Champ's first Christmas was awesome too! Besides getting spoiled by his Mema and Pops and Grandma and aunt Vicky, Champ had quite the Christmas at home too! Joe told me a couple days before that he got a couple things for Champ, then came home and more things kept coming out of the bags, the only thing I said was "well Champ is done!" Then of course I went and got him just a couple other cool things! My favorites being: his hooded monkey blanket and his rubber banana toothbrush/teether! On Christmas morning Champ woke up at about 6, I gave him a bottle and put him in our bed with us and he laid there and talked and talked until we woke up. We thought we had a couple more years until we had to wake up early and open presents.

The next night after Joe got off work we left for Twin Falls to have Christmas with my family. That of course was fun too. Champ apparently just wanted to hang out and party with everyone because he only took one nap while we were there and stayed up WAY TO LATE! But he had a blast!

New Years Eve was just as boring as usual! We don't do a whole lot, and Champ in I were in bed by 10. I know, I'm lame!

2009 was a good year, but I'm excited for this year too and watching Champ grow up!






No comments:

Post a Comment